2019 Conference Planning Committee
Dear AGS Members,
Set aside your weekend of 26-28 April 2019, as the Alberta Genealogical Society (AGS) will host another provincial conference with approximately 300-plus attendees from across Western Canada and Northwestern U.S. to learn about emerging technology, social media, DNA, enhancing research techniques and more. Venue to be at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta.
We are 10 months away from the 2019 Conference and it’s time to start planning! The previous steering committee is looking for several volunteers to fill a variety of positions. Grab a friend and accomplish the job together! One of the best things about the 2017 Conference, people from all over Alberta volunteered and worked together making it a huge success. Join us and be part of the team! Past conference committees have developed “planning booklets” which are available and assist with a description of your position and responsibilities.
Conference planning committee
- Lianne Krüger, Chair
- Patricia Greber, Speakers (someone to find and select an eclectic group)
- Lyn Meehan, Marketing lead and Registrar (Advertising and Communications: Registration booklet, Syllabus, Website, Signage)
- Arlene Johnson, Sponsors/Exhibitor recruitment lead
- Volunteer recruitment lead
We need interested people working in the following subcommittees:
- Treasurer, Fundraising
- Pre-Conference tours
- Swag, Participant bag, Door prizes, 50/50
- Logistics: Volunteer drivers
- Volunteers at the Registration Desk/Info Desk
- Room, hall, table decorations
- Greeters/way-finding, speaker introductions
- Hotel, banquet menu, lunches planning
Please send expressions of interest to Lianne Krüger, 2019 Conference Chair at email@example.com
A BIG thank you for those stepping forward to assist. Your volunteerism is appreciated!
- Working with a Conference Planning Committee http://strauss.ca/working-with-a-conference-planning-committee-for-an-association-annual-conference/
- Conference Planning Guide https://www.thebalance.com/step-by-step-conference-planning-guide-1223536
- How to Organize a Conference : Step-by-step guide https://www.lane-end-conferences.co.uk/news/how-to.html