Become a Member
The Alberta Genealogical Society welcomes anyone with an interest in genealogy wherever your geographic location may be. Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st. If membership is paid after September 30th, funds will be applied to the following year.
A membership is your passport to several resources:
- Participate in the activities of one or several of our eleven Branches throughout Alberta
- Contribute to a Branch monthly meeting
- Receive a "New Member Kit" that gives you more insight about AGS, starting genealogy and forms
- Submit Alberta 'surname queries' to our free online database, helping you to find a connection with others researching the same family in Alberta
- Access the AGS Cemetery Database through our online Members "My Account" area, and where available, use Ancestry.com in a branch or library setting
- Get our quarterly journal, Relatively Speaking, plus four years of back issues free!
- Visit our main and branch libraries featuring over 6,000 books on local history, guidebooks, microform, maps, and CDs.
- Take part in historical and genealogical projects specific to Alberta
Workshops and conferences
- Enroll in our genealogical courses where available
- Attend one-day workshops networking with other genealogists
- Register for an all-weekend provincial conference (held on odd years)
- Engage with us at Gen-Fair and take the opportunity to talk with veteran genealogists or mentors (held opposite to conferences years)
- Join one of our Special Interest Groups (SIG) › where available
Please select from our members packages
Payments: Can be made by cash, cheque, money order, phone order or by PayPal.