The Alberta Genealogical Society is maintained by hundreds of generous and dedicated volunteers. Without their inspiration and individual talents the Society would cease to exist. Opportunities for all levels of experience on an individual basis or in a group are welcome; every individual makes a difference!
Benefits of volunteering
- Volunteering connects you to others
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body
- Volunteering can advance your career
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
- Read about the Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits ›
- 27 Best Practices of High Performing Volunteer Organizations ›
What Helene said—
"If you are reading this you have probably developed an enthusiasm, if not a passion for genealogy. Imagine volunteering in that same field - doing what you love, with people who share the same ardour. You may find yourself in an activity that affords you the opportunity to share ideas and information as well as providing a service to the public. Volunteering does not always mean giving to others - it can also mean giving to yourself. Don’t miss out on the rewards."
—Helene Paquin, Membership Chair
See if there is a spot for you!