Members Helping Members
Members Helping Members is a bursary to sponsor AGS members in financial need who wish to renew their yearly membership or attend an AGS event that requires a fee.
Donations are anonymous. Supporters do not receive a tax-deductible receipt. This concept was proposed by a member who wanted to do something for members who are passionate about genealogy but cannot afford to attend events.
criteria for recipients
- Must be a current AGS member
- Shall receive funding only once in their lifetime
- Must find their own transportation to the event
- A member may be nominated if someone presents a case on the recipient’s behalf, who meets the requirements
- In 100 words or less, applicants are encouraged to write why they are passionate about genealogy and appreciate being considered
- if recipients do not appear at the AGS event, the donation
reverts back into the Society's fund. Remaining funds will subsidize others in need.
- We encourage you to place your submission in the form below. We can assure you everything is confidential.
- Or download our print application ›
- If you need further information, we encourage you to use our form below.