NOMINATIONS FOR AGS OFFICERS (2020)
As prescribed by our bylaws, the AGS Board of Directors and the Nominating Committee invite members to nominate themselves and/or other members for the following elected positions:
AGS President . . . . . . . . . . 2020-2022 (two year term, until Apr 2022)
First Vice President . . . . . 2020-2022 (two year term, until Apr 2022)
These Officers have important roles on the Board of Directors, the body charged with the governance, direction and policy for the Society. Outlines of the duties of these positions are given overleaf.
For more information please contact your Branch president or the AGS Nominating Committee by phone at (780) 424-4429 (AGS Office) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates for office will be asked to provide a biographical outline and acceptance of nomination by signature. An election shall be conducted prior to the Annual General Meeting for positions attracting more than one candidate.
Nominations shall close 31 January 2020. Please forward all nominations by then to:
The AGS Nominating Committee
c/o The Alberta Genealogical Society
#162, 14315 – 118 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, T5L 4S6
Outline and Election of Positions
Election (bylaw 6.1.5)
- Election for the office of President of the Society shall be held in years ending in an even number.
- Election for the office of First Vice President shall held in years ending in an even number.
- The officers of the Board shall be elected by the membership of the Society.
- The officers of the Board shall be elected by mail-in ballot.
- Elections of the Society shall be conducted as outlined in the Policies and Procedures of the Society.
Bylaw ... 6.3.1. The President shall:
- supervise the affairs of the Board
- chair meetings of the Board
- chair the Annual Meeting of the Society
- act as the spokesperson of the Society
- be an ex-officio and voting member of all Committees, except the Nominating Committee
- be a signatory to all contracts entered into by the Society.
Bylaw ... 6.3.2. The First Vice President shall:
- perform the functions of the President when the President is unavailable
- chair the Executive Committee Meetings
- serve on the nominating committee in odd numbered years.