Alberta Homestead Index
- SURNAME—is the last name of the individual
- Given Name—is the first and perhaps a middle name and / or initial(s)
- Sec.—section of land 1-36
- Twp.—township numbers 1-126, south to north
- Rge.—range numbers 1-30, east to west
- W_of the—West of the meridian. In Alberta, there are three meridians: 4th, 5th and 6th. View the map for placement.
- Place name—the town, village or hamlet of residence
- PAA Ref.—Provincial Archives of Alberta accession number
- Film—PAA microfilm number
- File—Homestead file number
Scope of the Index:
The Alberta Homestead Database was compiled by AGS volunteers transcribing the Applications for Alberta Land Patents, 1885‒1897, Alberta Homestead Records, 1870‒1930 and Alberta Homestead records, post-1930.
Enter your search criteria below, then click the search button.
Surname or Given name searches can be filtered using the drop-down menu terms: Contains, Exact match, Starts with or Ends with.