Links to Other Non-Profit Resources
This page offers contact information to other non-profit genealogical websites in Alberta.
Alberta Family Histories Society
- Alberta family Histories Society welcomes anyone interested in genealogy and family history! if you are particularly interested in the Calgary and southern Alberta region, we have substantial resources you’ll find nowhere else. Beyond that, we can help you research your roots in Canada and many parts of the world.
The Provincial Archives of Alberta
- Acquires, preserves and publicly makes available records from government, individual people and organizations for researchers of all ages.
- The purpose of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia is to bring together people interested in the history of Germans from Russia. Through a better understanding of Germans from Russia, we will promote a better appreciation of their history and the preservation of their culture through their descendants.
American Historical Society of Germans from Russia - Edmonton & District Chapter ›
- The AHSGR Edmonton & District Chapter is an Alberta non-profit society whose mission is to discover, collect, preserve and share the history, cultural heritage and genealogical legacy of settlers of predominately Germanic heritage, who settled in the Russian Empire from 1763 through the 1800s. The Chapter maintains a research library of more than 500 items and holds monthly meetings from September to November & January to May.
Historical Society of Germans from Poland and Volhynia (HSGPV) ›
- HSGPV is a Canadian non-profit society dedicated to preserving and promoting the historical and cultural heritage of Germans from Poland & Volhynia. Its mission is to promote greater public awareness of the culture of Germans from Poland and Volyhnia and to assist members in researching their ancestral heritage at the HSGPV research library.
- SGNO, a society with 30 years of experience, has a research centre located in the Cité francophone in Edmonton (AB) open to all interested people. Although most of our resources are in French, our volunteers are bilingual (French and English) and would be pleased to help you with your research.
Medicine Hat and District Germans from Russia Society
- Medicine Hat and District Germans From Russia Society is the result of a desire to pay tribute to the Germans from Russia ancestors
Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta
- The Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta seeks to foster, preserve and celebrate the heritage of Mennonites in Alberta. We maintain an archives and library and welcome inquiries and visits by persons interested in any aspect of the Mennonite experience.
Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe
- SGGEE focuses on the genealogy of Germans from Russian Poland and Volhynia with some help for related regions.
South Peace Regional Archives
- The purpose of the SPRA Society is to gather, preserve, and share the historical records of municipalities, organizations, businesses, families and individuals within the region, both now and in the future.