Northwestern Alberta Obituary Index
- SURNAME—gives the last name of the individual
- Given Name—gives the first and perhaps middle names of the individual
- (Maiden)—a name in parentheses "( )" is the maiden name of a woman
- [Other married]—names in square brackets "[ ]" are other surnames, possibly other marriages or an alias
- Death Place—the place or location where the person died
- Newspaper—each newspaper was assigned a 3-5 letter abbreviation. See our newspaper list › to decipher the title
- Date—the day the obituary appears in the newspaper
In the birth and death columns, users will note a set of 3-letter codes used as shorthand in genealogy to identify countries, counties or other land administrative divisions. For a list of British Isles and Ireland codes click here.
Scope of the Index:
This obituary index has been compiled from actual obituaries in our newspaper list › unless an asterisk (*) is represented in the age field. This symbol indicates that the information was not taken from an obituary but rather from a news, memorial or other item.